• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Administrator

Administrator

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 662 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:15 PM

Today when i was working on the new update i stumbled across something that could be one of the troublemakers for the low fps.
This will not solve the client speed for windows 8 and specially windows 10, this problem is a lot deeper and will require almost a complete rewrite of the graphics engine. Directx7 and Direct Draw are no longer supported, but updating it is not that easy.

However, this small change in the render distance already makes a huge difference and it should no longer drop your fps below 10 within 30 minutes.

Because this is a important thing, i didn't want to wait until the update is finished to patch it.

• Jellow, extremely, Nallrad and 1 other like this

#2 Fynn

Fynn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:31 PM

O M G after all these years i think i can finally play this game with a dual monitor setup without the frame drops...awesome dude

#3 Nallrad

Nallrad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:37 PM

I will gladly come back if I can play it on Windows 10

#4 Jonny

Jonny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 03:43 PM

Wow big Update

#5 serpoh

serpoh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:02 PM

need update.. online player now only 150-240.. because no update a month.. player is so bored with this..

make 2x exp all day ...

#6 Jellow

Jellow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:43 AM

need update.. online player now only 150-240.. because no update a month.. player is so bored with this..

make 2x exp all day ...

For me, updates like the one posted here are far more important than silly little things like you suggested, that sort of stuff can take a back-seat.

Today when i was working on the new update i stumbled across something that could be one of the troublemakers for the low fps.
This will not solve the client speed for windows 8 and specially windows 10, this problem is a lot deeper and will require almost a complete rewrite of the graphics engine. Directx7 and Direct Draw are no longer supported, but updating it is not that easy.

However, this small change in the render distance already makes a huge difference and it should no longer drop your fps below 10 within 30 minutes.

Because this is a important thing, i didn't want to wait until the update is finished to patch it.

Nice work Wiza :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users